Innovation, professionalism, efficiency and technology are at the heart of what we do and drive success for Dick Johnson Racing, on the racetrack.
Those same foundations also drive our activities off the racetrack. Understanding and reducing our environmental impacts and our use of resources enhances our overall sustainability and reduces our impact on the earth. We are working in conjunction with our partners and supplier network to continuously improve our performance on and off the track.
Measuring and managing our environmental impact is important and a priority for our organisation. Therefore we have adopted an Environmental Management System (EMS) as a part of our workplace culture that aligns with the requirements of the international best practice standard in AS/NZS ISO 14001 and the FIA Environmental Certification Best Practice Framework.
Throughout Dick Johnson Racing, from engineering, manufacturing and servicing of our race cars, to managing our workshop and facilities as well as our transportation and logistics operations as we compete in the Repco Supercars Championship, we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment.
Our objectives and commitments are as follows:
- Monitor, manage and conserve energy, water and natural resources as we demonstrate leadership on and off the racetrack;
- We will minimise our waste through active recycling and seeking to adopt suitable recycled products across the organisation;
- All our work practices will seek to prevent and minimise pollution wherever we are;
- We will implement measures that improve our use and management of water;
- Our purchasing policies will consider environmental impacts while minimising unnecessary consumption and costs;
- Our activities will comply with all relevant Australian Government, State and Territory environmental legislation, regulations, policies, and codes
- We will work with our staff to ensure our policies are communicated and understood and we will train them in any new practices and standards and offer other training and development opportunities that may assist us to meet these objectives and commitments;
- We will aim to continuously improve our performance in reducing our environmental impacts over time; and
- Our commitments will be transparent, verifiable and publicly available on our website.
From 1 July 2021, we switched our workshop at 10 Emeri Street, Stapylton to 100% renewable energy, GreenPower. At the core of our environmental policy is to be carbon neutral no later than the end of 2021.
We have already engaged our partners and seek to communicate with our key stakeholders, which includes our valued supporters and fans, about this policy. We will work with our partners, our supplier network and our staff as part of our commitment to this policy to promote improved environmental standards and to build on any feedback.
This policy is a living document as we continue to improve and identify other areas of impact.
Executive Chairman and Co-Owner
Dick Johnson Racing
Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd
1 July 2021